The Englishman remained frozen, his skin crawling as if someone were pouring ice water into his veins. And yet still, he couldn’t shake the sudden thudding of his heart in his chest. He tried to play it off as nerves or fear or anger, but something within told him it…
REALLY just wanna take this chance to remind the people who follow me to not kill/trap opossums if they’re in your yard, and do not call animal control! Seriously.
- Opossums are literally 100% BIOLOGICALLY INCAPABLE of carrying rabies. Their body temperature is too cool to incubate it properly.
- Opossums are actually quite gentle and NOCTURNAL, so if they’re roaming, they’ve probably gotten lost, been injured, and are looking for a place to hide.
- Young opossums tend to try to climb into garbage cans when they’re starving. This is because THEY ARE LITERALLY STARVING. Don’t fucking shoot them or hit them with things because you wanna be some fucking macho top-of-the-food-chain cocksucker.
- Mama possums are amazing mothers and if you encounter an “aggressive” opossum, it’s probably because she’s got babies hanging off her nipple and she’s freaking out. They’re clumsy. Sometimes they don’t hear you coming and you catch each other off guard.
- Wanna lure an opossum off of your property? You can set up a box with some greens and cat kibble in it, hide it well, and lure them out that way. They’re actually quite harmless and keep other predators away. they eat lotsa gross stuff.
- Opossum mamas who get hit by cars often still have their helpless babies attached to them. Possums get a bad rep and people say they are “the dumbest animal”, but they are incredible creatures who have been around since the days of fucking dinosaurs so treat them well, okay?
It’s so cute!
So much win.
I’m ganna miss this blog.. I know you’re not deleting it but *sobs*
This now concludes the blog! I hope you all have enjoyed this chapter in the story, it’s been a fun ride all the way through the end. This blog’s been nearly two years in the making and I’ve met a lot of wonderful people through this!
Now, while this may be the end of this ask blog, it’s not the end of the story! Arthur and his family will now all be moving into a new chapter of their lives under the amazingly talented hands of Nutty, the lovely admin of asktheamericannaga. If you’d like to continue following their story, go hop over there, she’s an excellent artist and story-teller! (In fact she already has a story lined up!)
Stay lovely, my friends!!
I think when he’s cold he takes his owner’s sock and buries himself into it like a cocoon. His owner wears thick socks sometimes and they’re perfect for his cold-blooded type~
Ow..my heart… ;n;